Tuesday, November 24, 2009

If You Like It, You Shoulda Put a Ring on It... for the Second Time

Oh wedding ring shopping - the beauty of the rings, the intrigue of the different types of metals and what they do (or in some cases, what they do NOT do, like stand up to everyday wear and tear), the glitz of the possible diamonds - how much fun you can be. However, looking at the price tags, I now fully understand what Mother Library meant when I grew up having "expensive taste."

Being that my engagement ring has a Tiffany setting (see below), it has been a little difficult to find a wedding band that adds something to it, but doesn't outshine the engagement ring. Different jewelers have been more than happy to show me wedding rings with more carats than my engagement ring. One even said I should trade up! I have politely declined and kept looking.



One rain-drenched afternoon in August, on the way to dropping Mr. Library off at the train station to go back to school, we stopped by a Maine jeweler called Day's Jewelers. Father Library had purchased a piece or two for Mother Library here before, so I had seen some of their pieces. We decided to give it a shot and went in. Not only were the sales reps helpful, they gave us REAL advice on what to look for and were willing to work with our budget, which is pretty tiny when it comes to wedding rings (thank you, grad school loans!).

I found this baby and fell in love with it:

Sparkle Sparkle


It had sparkle, it had class, it had diamonds, and it had a reasonable price tag. Mr. Library seemed happy with it as well (he has his own ring buying pressure to manage, so I don't expect a lot of decision-making action from him when it comes to mine.) We wrote down the number so the store and I would remember it. I'm still a little skeptical about the height, though.

Has anyone else had the ring height problem? How did you match your engagement ring and wedding ring?

No comments:

Post a Comment