Friday, November 20, 2009

The After-Ceremony Seed Tossing Blues

I have always thought of having something thrown after the ceremony of our wedding. I suppose it is normally done as the happy couple run off to their honeymoon, but Mr. Library and I will be staying at the same resort as the reception and won't be leaving for our honeymoon for another couple of days. You know... just enough time to open presents, collect our newly-married thoughts, and make sure my crazy aunts haven't played any pranks on our packed suitcases.

After much deliberation over what to throw after our ceremony, I came up with a brilliant idea (ok, so I thought it was brilliant and sold it to Mr. Library as such). Instead of throwing rice, which can harm birds, blowing bubbles, which leads to too many plastic containers and seems to be overly done, glitter, which will stick to us much more than anything else, and bird seed, which I hear can hurt and smell bad, I found an eco-friendly idea: throwing wild flower mix. Getting married on a bridge means that whatever we throw will inevitably end up in the water, and I didn't want to be responsible for hurting the ecological balance. Talk about bridal guilt! If I get a mix of indigenous flowers, I won't be upsetting anything; everything will just be more colorful because of my love for Mr. Library! Sounds like an awesome plan, right?

Here's the catch. I have fallen in love with petal cones like the ones Mrs. Caterpillar posted. I am a total craft person, as is Sister Library and Mother Library, so that won't be a problem, but we can't find any blue paper that will work! You would think it would be easy to find nice blue paper in a range of shades. I'm not even picky about the pattern! Does anyone have any good places to get shades of blue paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment